Join AmeriCorps and bring out the best of America
AmeriCorps NCCC has four options to choose from to engage in team-based, transformative service. Find the option that best fits your interest and experience.
Serve for 10-11 months with local and national nonprofits to complete hands-on projects.Find out more
Serve for 12 months under the direction of FEMA and focus on disaster preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery projects.Find out more
Get the ultimate personal and professional development experience while serving on a team of your peers.Find out more
Put yourself to the test and provide mentorship and guidance to a team of 8-10 Corps Members.Find out more
The above video may include external links to YouTube’s video platform. YouTube’s privacy and security practices and policies may differ from AmeriCorps'. AmeriCorps is not responsible for these links nor does it endorse the content of the third-party website. Find out more.
During service, you will receive:
|Basic expenses, including communal housing, meals, and a limited health benefit||All program-related travel, including to your training location, projects, and back home after your service term|
|A modest living allowance for your personal expenses||Valuable training in leadership, technical skills, teamwork, and more|
|Forbearance for federally backed students loans; after you successfully complete your term of service, you are eligible to have the interest incurred during service paid in full||Opportunity to earn undergraduate college credit in Intro to Service Learning and Diversity in Service; a course in Core Supervisory Skills is available to Team Leaders|
After service, you will receive:
|Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of over $6,000 to use on future educational expenses or to pay back qualified student loans||Competitive job edge in your job search, including access to a network of over 600 Employers of National Service|
- To serve as a Corps Member, you must be between 18-26* years old. To serve as a Team Leader, you must be 18 or older (no upper age limit). You may apply to Traditional Corps at 17, if you will turn 18 before arriving on campus. You must be 18 to apply to FEMA Corps.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (required for FEMA Corps), or a Lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S.
- Must pass an initial drug screening test upon arrival to the program. A positive test on a drug screen for any substance (including marijuana) at any time during service could result in dismissal from the program.
- Team Leaders must have a valid driver’s license, as they will be expected to drive the team vehicle.
- Must be available for 10-12 months of full-time service consisting of extensive travel.
*The CARES Act, passed by Congress in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, increased the upper age limit for participation as an AmeriCorps NCCC Corps Member to 26 years old. Under the CARES Act, Section 3514(d), the upper age limit for AmeriCorps NCCC members is 26. AmeriCorps NCCC applies the upper age limit at the time a member arrives on campus and is activated as a member. That means individuals must be on campus and activated as members for at least one day before turning 27. The 26-year upper age limit will remain in effect until further notice.
How to Apply
1. Prepare for the application and selection process
Get all the tips and tricks you need by connecting with the AmeriCorps NCCC Recruitment team, attending a webinar, and reviewing our Visual Guide to the Application Process.Start here
2. Create a profile
Input your basic information and verify your email address to set up your account.Create a profile
3. Complete an application
Tell us about your motivations for service, your skills and experience, and provide two professional references.Complete an application
4. Submit your application to the listing(s) of your choice.
Once your application is complete, don't forget to submit it to the specific opportunities you'd like to pursue.View open listings
Need help with the application? Contact the National Service Hotline at 1-800-942-2677.