On October 9, 2019, President Trump signed Executive Order 13891, “Promoting the Rule of Law Through Improved Agency Guidance Documents.” Among other things, the Executive Order directs federal agencies to make active guidance documents available via an online guidance document portal.
On October 31, 2019, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued implementing guidance M-20-02 (PDF), which set deadlines and related information for establishing the searchable, indexed online database for all active guidance documents.
This website provides links to all of AmeriCorps’ active guidance documents.
The contents of these documents do not have the force and effect of law and are not meant to bind the public in any way unless incorporated into a contract or grant agreement. These documents are intended only to provide clarity to the public regarding existing requirements under the law or agency policies. AmeriCorps will not cite, use, or rely on any guidance that is not posted here, except to establish historical facts.
Please note that the organization of agency guidance documents does not constitute any change in agency operations or in substantive statutory and regulatory requirements. This page identifies AmeriCorps guidance documents in the manner required under the Executive Order. This guidance is long-standing and AmeriCorps’ expectations for award recipients remain the same. Each guidance document will also remain available in its original location on our website.
To request the withdrawal or modification of an existing guidance document, email Guidance@cns.gov or send a request via USPS to AmeriCorps, ATT: Associate Director of Policy, 250 E Street SW, Washington DC 20525. The agency will respond to all requests in a timely manner and no later than 90 days after receipt of the request.
AmeriCorps General - All Programs
National Service Criminal History Check
Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- About the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Amount, Eligibility, and Limitations
- How to Use Your Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Tax Implications
- Education Award Extensions
- Education Award FAQs (General and Member)
- Education Award FAQs (Institutions)
- Fixed Amount Grant Financial and Administrative Process Guide
- USASpending.gov and Subaward Reporting FAQs
- Prospective Members and Volunteers FAQs
- AmeriCorps General FAQs
- AmeriCorps NCCC FAQs
- AmeriCorps Seniors FAQs
- AmeriCorps State and National FAQs
- AmeriCorps VISTA FAQs
- Research and Evaluation FAQs
AmeriCorps State and National
- AmeriCorps Member Timesheet Outline
- Service Site Agreement Outline
- Resources for New Direct Grantees
- Resources for Planning Grantees
- Requirements for Service Opportunity Listings
- Teleservice Guidance
- Childcare Eligibility Benefits
- Prohibited Activities (Additional Guidance)
- Retention Policy Change
- Pre-Enrollment and Position Description Posting
- Enrollment and Enrollment Date Change Policy
- Member Position Description Outline
- Member Service Agreement Outline
- Census Activities
- AmeriCorps Grants Single Match FAQs
- Evaluation FAQs
- Alternative Evaluation Approach
- Mandatory Supplemental Guidance