Table of Contents
- Application Deadline
- AmeriCorps Seniors Native Nations & Indigenous Elders Senior Demonstration Program
- Required Documents
- Training and Technical Assistance Calls and Recordings
- Frequently Asked Questions
AmeriCorps improves lives, strengthens communities, and fosters civic engagement through service and volunteering. AmeriCorps brings people together to tackle some of the country’s most pressing challenges through national service and volunteerism. AmeriCorps members and AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers serve with organizations dedicated to the improvement of communities and those serving. AmeriCorps helps make service a cornerstone of our national culture.
AmeriCorps Seniors is publishing this funding notice for the purpose of creating the “FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Native Nations & Indigenous Elders Seniors Demonstration Program” (herein referred to as Native Nations and Indigenous Elders SDP) to invest in projects focused on Indigenous and Native communities, advancing opportunities for older adults to make an impact, through their time and experience. Through the Native Nations and Indigenous Elders SDP funding opportunity, applicants must demonstrate how they will engage adults ages 55 and older to address one or more of the Indigenous Elders SDP priorities.
The FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Native Nations & Indigenous Elders Senior Demonstration Program Notice focuses grant-making on Tribal and Native/Indigenous-serving organizations in the United States and its territories.
AmeriCorps Seniors is open to proposals that are reflective of the needs of Indigenous and Native communities served by the applicant’s proposed program. Some examples of programs selected as part of this opportunity might include the following:
- Programs promoting the preservation and teaching of Native and Indigenous languages and cultural practices.
- Programming focused on helping Native and indigenous communities respond to and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Programs that support the quality of life of Veterans and Military Families, Caregivers, and Survivors.
- Programs that provide social, economic, and/or educational services to Native and Indigenous people both on and off Native and Indigenous lands.
- Programming that advances justice and equality in areas such as food sovereignty, climate change & conservation, and mental health services.
- Programs that create workforce pathways for older adults, including deliberate training, certifications, and hiring preferences or support.
The deadline for applications to the FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Native Nations & Indigenous Elders Seniors Demonstration Program is Wednesday, April 5, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. ET. Please contact AmeriCorpsSeniors@cns.gov for additional guidance.
FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Native Nations and Indigenous Elders Senior Demonstration Program
- FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Native Nations & Indigenous Elders Seniors Demonstration Program Notice of Funding
- Appendix B. National Performance Measures Instructions
- Appendix F: Cost per Volunteer Calculator
- Terms and Definitions
- Grant Application Instructions
All applicants regardless of funding level are required to submit an Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS). This link is to an online form, where you will be required to submit your response electronically.
Training and Technical Assistance Calls and Recordings
AmeriCorps Seniors will host a series of webinars and post recordings to introduce potential applicants in general to the AmeriCorps Seniors Senior Demonstration Project, this opportunity, its performance measurement system and more. See below for available sessions and click on the links to register and receive detailed connection information. All session will be recorded, and recordings will be available on this document shortly after a webinar’s conclusion.
Technical Assistance for the AmeriCorps Seniors Native Nations & Indigenous Elders Seniors Demonstration Program
Submitting Your Application in eGrants
- This recording walks through eGrants, AmeriCorps’ electronic grants management system, step-by-step.
AmeriCorps Due Diligence Review and Compliance Training - New!
- This recording provides insights to the function of the AmeriCorps due diligence process and how to obtain and maintain compliance, prior to receiving an AmeriCorps award and throughout the lifetime of an AmeriCorps grant.
AmeriCorps National Performance Measurement Core Curriculum
- AmeriCorps expects all applicants and grantees to use National Performance Measures as part of a comprehensive performance measurement strategy that relies on both performance and evaluation data to learn from their work and make tactical and strategic adjustments to achieve their goals.
Introducing AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps Seniors and its Program
- This event briefly introduces AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps Seniors, and all its programs. We will also review how the funding opportunity works.
Touring the Notice of Funding Opportunity
- In this session we will review the Native Nations and Indigenous Elders SDP Notice of Funding Opportunity and conduct a Q&A about the Notice.
AmeriCorps Seniors in Action
- This event will cover how AmeriCorps Seniors programs operate within their communities including examples of volunteer activities. We will also review how the funding opportunity works.
Understanding the National Performance Measures
- This event will provide a review of AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps Seniors, key elements of AmeriCorps’ national performance measures, and a guide on how to complete an AmeriCorps Seniors project work plan.
Question and Answer Session
- AmeriCorps Seniors staff are available for applicant questions related to the Native Nations and Indigenous Elders SDP Funding Opportunity.
Best Practices in Budget Development Q&A
- During this webinar, AmeriCorps staff will review the best practices for creating a compliant and competitive AmeriCorps Seniors grant budget and discuss strategies for effective post award funds management. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the budget related sections of the Notice and Application Instructions, along with the Best Practices of Budget Development recording, before joining this Q&A webinar.
- Best Practices in Budget Development Recording
- March 15, 2023
- Stipend Senior Demonstration Program sample budget narrative – (not intended for replication)
- Nonstipend Senior Demonstration Program sample budget narrative – (not intended for replication)
Frequently Asked Questions
Check back often for updates.
Frequently Asked Questions posted 12/29/22
The video recordings include external links to YouTube's video platform. YouTube's privacy and security practices and policies may differ from AmeriCorps'. AmeriCorps is not responsible for these links, nor does it endorse the content of the third-party website.