- The benefits of service for participating AmeriCorps members.
- How the structure, design, and management of the LISC AmeriCorps program contribute to member outcomes.
- What professional and educational outcomes do members gain following their service? Did the volunteer experience result in changes to how members view personal efficacy and civic engagement?
- What individual characteristics are related to these outcomes?
- What characteristics of the LISC AmeriCorps site recruitment and selection process influence the types of members selected and their assignment to placement sites?
- What characteristics of the placement partner are associated with positive member outcomes?
- What aspects of national and local LISC program management are associated with different placement partner practices and member outcomes?
- Members said their service made a positive contribution to their educational, professional, and personal goals.
- Members reported that participation in LISC AmeriCorps helped them figure out the next step in their career and education choices.
- Members were more likely to volunteer and participate in community organizations.
Local Initiatives Support Corporation