Choose from four volunteer options for the ultimate personal and professional development experience. Dive in, make a difference and learn new skills.
Summer of Service
Summer of Service 2023 – Application Listing Closed
Please note, the Summer of Service opportunities currently apply to 2023 only. These short term opportunities with NCCC may or may not be offered beyond the summer of 2023, keep an eye on this space for updates.
More Information Coming Soon!
Interested in a service year supporting projects that focus on wildland fire prevention, reforestation, and more? Beginning summer 2024, AmeriCorps NCCC is teaming up with the U.S. Forest Service to bring you AmeriCorps NCCC Forest Corps. Don’t miss out on upcoming announcements about this new service opportunity.
During service, you will receive:
Basic expenses, including communal housing, meals, and a limited health benefit
All program-related travel, including to your training location, projects, and back home after your service term
A modest living allowance for your personal expenses
Valuable training in leadership, technical skills, teamwork, and more
Forbearance for federally backed students loans; after you successfully complete your term of service, you are eligible to have the interest incurred during service paid in full
After service, you will receive:
Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of over $6,000 to use on future educational expenses or to pay back qualified student loans
Competitive job edge in your job search, including access to a network of over 700 Employers of National Service
Opportunities to make your education more affordable through scholarships, application fee waivers, and other benefits for AmeriCorps alums provided by hundreds of Schools of National Service
- To serve as a Corps Member, you must be between 18-26* years old. To serve as a Team Leader, you must be 18 or older (no upper age limit). You may apply to Traditional Corps at 17, if you will turn 18 before arriving on campus. You must be 18 to apply to FEMA Corps.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (required for FEMA Corps), or a Lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S.
- Must pass an initial drug screening test upon arrival to the program. A positive test on a drug screen for any substance (including marijuana) at any time during service could result in dismissal from the program.
- Team Leaders must have a valid driver’s license, as they will be expected to drive the team vehicle.
- Must be available for 10-11 months (or 2-3 months for Summer of Service participants) of full-time service consisting of extensive travel.
*The CARES Act, passed by Congress in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, increased the upper age limit for participation as an AmeriCorps NCCC Corps Member to 26 years old. Under the CARES Act, Section 3514(d), the upper age limit for AmeriCorps NCCC members is 26. AmeriCorps NCCC applies the upper age limit at the time a member arrives on campus and is activated as a member. That means individuals must be on campus and activated as members for at least one day before turning 27. The 26-year upper age limit will remain in effect until further notice.
AmeriCorps NCCC welcomes qualified individuals with disabilities into the service program. AmeriCorps NCCC does not have blanket rules that exclude candidates with particular health conditions or disabilities. The agency will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, gender identification, age, disability, or genetic information in assessing a candidate's ability to serve. The agency will make a reasonable accommodation to a known disability of a qualified candidate if it will not impose an undue hardship on the operations of the NCCC campus or program.
Join a Webinar
Interested in serving? Would you like to hear from NCCC alumni? Are you a parent or educator interested in partnering with NCCC?
Join us for an interactive webinar to learn more. Register by choosing one of the following upcoming webinars.
Please choose one of the webinars below to register:
- AmeriCorps NCCC: A to Z
Dates: 9/14/23, 11/7/23, 1/9/24
- AmeriCorps NCCC: Application & Selection
Date: 10/17/23, 12/14/23
- AmeriCorps NCCC: A Conversation with Alumni
- AmeriCorps NCCC: Preparing to be a Team Leader
- AmeriCorps NCCC: Partnering with Parents & Educators