Table of Contents
Funding Announcement, Mandatory Supplemental Guidance, and Application Instructions
Performance Measure Instructions
Applicant Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS)
Technical Assistance Call Schedule
In the FY 2021 AmeriCorps Indian Tribes competition, AmeriCorps seeks to prioritize the investment of national service resources in:
- Efforts to help local communities recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants may propose programming in any AmeriCorps focus area to aid communities as they recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Programs that actively engage in removing structural racial inequities, advancing racial equality, and increasing opportunity in order to achieve sustainable change in communities.
- Economic Opportunity – a program model that increases economic opportunities for communities by preparing people for the workforce i.e. broad band, agriculture, and building/renovating low income housing.
- Education – improving student academic performance in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), and/or serving students who attend Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) schools.
- Environmental stewardship. – i.e. traditional food systems
- Healthy Futures – a program model that reduces and/or prevents prescription drug and opioid abuse.
- Veterans and Military Families – a program model that positively impacts the quality of life of veterans and improves military family strength.
- Programs that reduce child poverty.
The deadline for applications to the 2021 Notice is Friday, July 23, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
AmeriCorps expects that successful applicants will be notified by late August 2021.
- All new and recompeting applicants regardless of funding level are required to submit an Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS).
- Some grantees may have completed a Financial Management Survey (FMS) in the past. The Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS) is a different document, and the old FMS will not be accepted in place of the OFMS.
- The form needs to be completed fully, a response for every question. If there are additional comments needed to explain certain responses, please utilize the ‘preparer’s comments’ section.
- The OFMS must be submitted as Word Document. All other formats, including PDF, will not be accepted.
- If possible, please limit the amount of times and locations the document is saved prior to submitting to AmeriCorps. We’ve found that the macros used to extract data from the form can be corrupted by saving the file in different formats or locations.
Please review the 2021 Indian Tribes Grant NOFO TTA Presentation (PDF).
Technical Assistance Calls will occur throughout June:
- Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 2:30 to 3:30 pm ET
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 2:00 to 3:00 pm ET
- Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 1:00 to 2:00 pm ET
To join these calls, please use this link: https://americorps.zoomgov.com/j/1619010842
Best Practices in Budget Development for FY 2021 AmeriCorps Indian Tribes applicants
- Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 1:30 to 2:30 pm ET
During this webinar, AmeriCorps’s Office of Grant Administration will review best practices for creating a compliant and competitive AmeriCorps grant budget. Participants are encouraged to review the budget instruction sections of the Application Instructions prior to the webinar.
Registration Link: https://americorps.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_6GD4zVuwQfSdp8Mooc61Lw
Webinar ID: 160 597 3474