VGF grants will be used to develop and/or support community-based entities to recruit, manage, and support volunteers. AmeriCorps seeks to fund effective approaches that expand volunteering, strengthen the capacity of volunteer connector organizations to recruit and retain skill-based volunteers, and develop strategies to use volunteers effectively to solve problems. Specifically, the VGF grants will support efforts that expand the capacity of volunteer connector organizations to recruit, manage, support and retain individuals to serve in high quality volunteer assignments.
Applicants that receive funding under this Notice may directly carry out the activities supported under the award or may carry out the activities by making subgrants to community-based entities, supporting volunteer generation at these entities.
Application Deadline: Applications are due Wednesday, June, 23, 2021 by 5:00 pm Eastern Time. Successful applicants will be notified in late July 2021.
Funding Announcement and Application Instructions
Budget Application Instructions (PDF) Use Budget Application document for budget instructions
- All new and recompeting applicants regardless of funding level are required to submit an Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS).
- Some grantees may have completed a Financial Management Survey (FMS) in the past. The Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS) is a different document, and the old FMS will not be accepted in place of the OFMS.
- The form needs to be completed fully, a response for every question. If there are additional comments needed to explain certain responses, please utilize the ‘preparer’s comments’ section.
- The OFMS must be submitted as Word Document. All other formats, including PDF, will not be accepted.
- If possible, please limit the amount of times and locations the document is saved prior to submitting to AmeriCorps. We’ve found that the macros used to extract data from the form can be corrupted by saving the file in different formats or locations.
Technical Assistance Information
VGF Question & Answer
AmeriCorps State and National will host a Question and Answer session for Commissions regarding information on this Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 1:00 to 2:00 pm ET
To join, please follow this link: https://americorps.zoomgov.com/j/1606638831
Or join by phone:
Dial: (669) 254-5252 or (0833) 568-8864 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 160 663 8831