The mission of AmeriCorps is to improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement through service and volunteering. Through AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps Seniors, and the Volunteer Generation Fund, AmeriCorps has helped to engage millions of citizens in meeting community and national challenges through service and volunteer action.
The Days of Service grant competition includes funding for both September 11th Day of Service and Remembrance (September 11th) and Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service (MLK). Applicant organizations may apply for either September 11th, MLK, or both. Applicants may not submit more than one application for each Day of Service.
The purpose of the September 11th National Day of Service and Remembrance grant funding is to mobilize more Americans to engage in service activities that meet vital community needs and honor the sacrifice of those who lost their lives or family members on September 11, 2001, or who rose in service as a result of that tragedy.
The purpose of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service grant funding is to mobilize more Americans to observe the Martin Luther King Jr. federal holiday as a day of service in communities, to encourage those who serve on this holiday to make a long-term commitment to community service, and to bring people together to focus on service to others.
Application Submission Deadline:
Applications are due by Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Notice of Funding Opportunity (PDF)
Application Instructions (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions (coming soon)
Manage Your Grant
Resources you need to effectively manage your grant, including eGrants instructions, terms and conditions, individual match waivers, pre-award requirements, financial reporting requirements, and training and technical assistance materials are found on the Manage Your Grant website.
- Applicant Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS) - All new and recompeting applicants regardless of funding level are required to submit an OFMS with every new and recompeting application an organization submits to AmeriCorps. The form needs to be completed fully, a response for every question. If there are additional comments needed to explain certain responses, please utilize the ‘preparer’s comments’ section.
- The OFMS must be submitted as an MS Form Survey through the link above. All other formats, including Word Document and PDF, will not be accepted.
- AmeriCorps Due Diligence Review Process and Compliance – Applicants will find information to help them understand the pre-award due diligence checks in this training. This content will help applicants obtain due diligence compliance and remain compliant throughout the grant life.
- Terms and Conditions – Current versions of the AmeriCorps General and Program-Specific Terms and Conditions for each of its programs is available.
- eGrants Indirect Cost Rate (IDCR) Instructions – Instructions for how to enter the organization’s indirect cost rate are located on this page. Applicants should not submit documentation addressing indirect cost rate agreement via email.
Technical Assistance Live Webinars
AmeriCorps is hosting technical assistance webinars for applicants to answer questions about the funding opportunity and eGrants. AmeriCorps strongly encourages all applicants participate in these sessions. The Technical Assistance Webinars section will be updated with additional webinars and resources as they are scheduled.
These sections will provide an overview of the agency and NOFO logistics.
FY23 Days of Service NOFO Overview
This event will provide an overview the FY 23 Days of Service notice of funding opportunity. Will include information on program and budget.
April 5, 2023 03:00 PM
- Registration Link: https://americorps.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_FXN8knCvS7ihpekJqAFwgw
- Webinar ID: 161 149 1792
- Passcode: 027195
The video recordings include external links to YouTube’s video platform. YouTube’s privacy and security practices and policies may differ from AmeriCorps’. AmeriCorps is not responsible for these links nor does it endorse the content of the third-party website.