Volunteer Generation Fund grants will be used to develop and/or support community-based entities to recruit, manage, and support volunteers. AmeriCorps seeks to fund effective approaches that expand volunteering, strengthen the capacity of volunteer connector organizations to recruit and retain skill-based volunteers, and develop strategies to use volunteers effectively to solve problems.
Applicants that receive funding under this Notice may directly carry out the activities supported under the award or may carry out the activities by making subgrants to community-based entities, supporting volunteer generation at these entities.
Application Deadline: Applications are due Tuesday, May 16, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Successful applicants will be notified by July 2023.
Funding Announcement and Application Instructions
Frequently Asked Questions updated May 12, 2023
Manage Your Grant
Resources you need to effectively manage your grant, including eGrants instructions, terms and conditions, individual match waivers, pre-award requirements, financial reporting requirements, and training and technical assistance materials are found on Manage Your Grant.
- Applicant Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS) - All new and recompeting applicants regardless of funding level are required to submit an OFMS with every new and recompeting application an organization submits to AmeriCorps. The form needs to be completed fully, a response for every question. If there are additional comments needed to explain certain responses, please utilize the ‘preparer’s comments’ section.
- The OFMS must be submitted as an MS Form Survey through the link above. All other formats, including Word Document and PDF, will not be accepted.
- AmeriCorps Due Diligence Review Process and Compliance – Applicants will find information to help them understand the pre-award due diligence checks in this training. This content will help applicants obtain due diligence compliance and remain compliant throughout the grant life.
- Terms and Conditions – Current versions of the AmeriCorps General and Program-Specific Terms and Conditions for each of its programs is available.
- eGrants Indirect Cost Rate (IDCR) Instructions – Instructions for how to enter the organization’s indirect cost rate are located on this page. Applicants should not submit documentation addressing indirect cost rate agreement via email.
Technical Assistance Live Webinars
AmeriCorps is hosting technical assistance webinars for applicants to answer questions about the funding opportunity and eGrants. AmeriCorps strongly encourages all applicants participate in these sessions. The Technical Assistance Webinars section will be updated with additional webinars and resources as they are scheduled.
These sections will provide an overview of the agency and NOFO logistics.
FY23 Volunteer Generation Fund NOFO Overview
Recording from April 4, 2023 webinar providing an overview to the FY 23 Volunteer Generation Fund notice of funding opportunity and best practices in budget development
The video recordings include external links to YouTube’s video platform. YouTube’s privacy and security practices and policies may differ from AmeriCorps’. AmeriCorps is not responsible for these links nor does it endorse the content of the third-party website.
This SAMPLE Budget Narrative is an example of what a complete budget could look like. NOT INTENDED FOR REPLICATION