2020 changed our world: Lives and livelihoods lost. Devastating destruction and unimagined challenges faced.
Despite those obstacles, each day countless Americans answered the call to serve. They raised their hands. Stood up. Showed up. And volunteered to put their neighbors and complete strangers first. To help make America safer and healthier, more fair, and more just.
AmeriCorps engages 270,000 Americans each year in sustained, results-driven service through our AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps Seniors programs. These dedicated citizens help communities impacted by COVID-19, ensure students stay on track to graduate, combat hunger and homelessness, respond to natural disasters, fight the opioid epidemic, help seniors live independently, support veterans and military families, and much more.
This AmeriCorps Week (March 7-13) join with us as we celebrate the impact of our programs and offer our thanks to each and every one for volunteering to serve others. Together, we can help the country recover and come back stronger.
We are AmeriCorps.
Say Thank You
- Share videos, photos, and posts on social media giving #AmeriThanks to AmeriCorps members, AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers and alums throughout the month of March.
- Take part in our #ThankfulThursday tribute by posting on Thursday, March 11 (tag @AmeriCorps and #AmeriThanks)
- Host a virtual thank you celebration or reach out directly to AmeriCorps members, AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers, and alums
- Nominate a member, volunteer, or alum for a service award, such as the Harris Wofford Joint Service Award or the Presidential Volunteer Service Award
- Download our shareable social media graphics and use in your #AmeriThanks posts
Share Your Story
- Share videos, photos and posts on social media about your service experience (or AmeriCorps members/AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers in your program) throughout the month of March.
- Take part in our #WeAreAmeriCorps campaign by including how your impact is a part of the national service movement (tag @AmeriCorps and #WeAreAmeriCorps)
- Submit a story about your service experience on americorps.gov.
Spread the Word
- Share videos, photos, and posts on social media about AmeriCorps Week throughout the month of March
- Share and engage with @AmeriCorps social media on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Tag @AmeriCorps, #WeAreAmeriCorps, #AmeriThanks, and #AmeriCorpsWeek in your social media posts
- Encourage your networks to learn more about AmeriCorps and share ways they can get involved in national service
- Download our social media toolkit for messaging and sample posts