Welcome: Mary Morris Hyde, Ph.D., Director, AmeriCorps Office of Research and Evaluation
Introductory Remarks: Diana Epstein, Ph.D., Evidence Team Lead at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
Contextualizing the Project for AmeriCorps: Lily Zandniapour, Ph.D., Research and Evaluation Manager, AmeriCorps Office of Research and Evaluation
- Scott Richman, Ph.D., Senior Researcher, Mathematica
- Mary Anne Anderson, M.P.P., Researcher, Mathematica
This webinar will highlight AmeriCorps’ partnership with Mathematica on the Scaling Evidence-Based Models Research Project and showcase the web-based Scaling Checklist: Assessing your Level of Evidence and Readiness Tool (SCALER Tool). The SCALER Tool consists of a series of interactive checklists that organizations can complete to help them identify the strengths, weaknesses, and gaps of the interventions they hope to scale, as well as their organizational readiness to support scale-up. Finally, the tool identifies potential ways to strengthen their interventions as needed.
The Office of Research and Evaluation (ORE) initiated the Scaling Evidence-Based Models project to deepen AmeriCorps’ understanding of its most effective program innovations and to develop guidance for supporting the scale-up of solutions that work. The research and knowledge products developed through the project also provide evidence-based guidance to help not only AmeriCorps awarded sponsors and grantees, but all community-based organizations and practitioners interested in understanding their readiness to scale their program models to reach more people, and ultimately increase their impact in local communities.
During this webinar you will:
- Learn about the objectives of the Scaling Evidence-Based Models partnership and the body of resources generated under this project (Research, Case Studies, Guides (for funders and practitioners), Checklists and Tools)
- Learn about the implementation science and scaling research that informs the framework for SCALER tool
- Understand how the SCALER tool is designed to support community-based organizations interested in self-assessing their readiness to scale their interventions
- Watch an interactive demonstration of the SCALER tool
Q&A Discussion: Lily Zandniapour, Ph.D., Research and Evaluation Manager, AmeriCorps
Closing Remarks: Mary Morris Hyde, Ph.D., Director, AmeriCorps Office of Research and Evaluation