Welcome and Introductory Remarks: Lily Zandniapour, Ph.D., Research and Evaluation Manager, AmeriCorps/ORE
Presenters: Janet Pershing, Ph.D., Vice President, Housing & Community Development at ICF
Return on investment (ROI) analyses help AmeriCorps build the base of evidence in support of national service and AmeriCorps-supported programs. The Office of Research and Evaluation (ORE) uses this rigorous method of comparing program benefits to program costs to calculate the return on a dollar invested in a supported program. ROI analyses position AmeriCorps to:
- Communicate the value of programs to all stakeholders.
- Inform investment and policy decisions.
- Identify and justify recommendations for changes to programs that may enhance results.
- Lead the field forward by modeling how program operators and funders can quantify the return of programs.
This recorded webinar will:
- Define ROI and review ROI research on national service programs.
- Review an ROI case study: Community Technology Empowerment Program.
- Consider how to build the foundation for an ROI study.
- Consider how to identify ROI-ready programs.
Closing Remarks: Lily Zandniapour, Ph.D., Research and Evaluation Manager, AmeriCorps/ORE