The Board of Directors sets policies and the direction for AmeriCorps and consists of the following standing committees.
- The Executive Committee considers issues on behalf of the full Board as needed between meetings. Read the Charter for the Executive Committee.
- The Program, Budget, and Evaluation Committee ensures that AmeriCorps programs are being managed in a way that maximizes fulfillment of their mission, including reviews of the annual budget submission to the Office of Management and Budget, the Strategic Plan, and research on or evaluations of AmeriCorps programs. Read the Charter for the Program, Budget, and Evaluation Committee.
- The Oversight, Governance, and Audit Committee monitors AmeriCorps management and financial stewardship and informs and advises the full Board on matters within the Committee’s purview. Read the Charter for the Oversight, Governance, and Audit Committee.
- The External Relations Committee improves overall support for services, builds the partnerships needed (public, private, and independent sectors) to accomplish AmeriCorps' mission, tell the story of our programs’ impact, and develop the resources necessary to carry out the mission. Read the Charter for the External Relations Committee.
AmeriCorps Board of Directors Public Meeting
Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
- To register for the meeting, please visit: https://americorps.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_9b6kYQJjSbCTprosHUlPoQ
- To participate by phone, call toll free: 833-568-8864
Board Meeting Minutes and Transcripts
- Fiscal Year 2022 May 2022
- Fiscal Year 2019 August 2019, March 2019
- Fiscal Year 2018 September 2018
- Fiscal Year 2017 September 2017, May 2017, February 2017, October 2016
- Fiscal Year 2016 June 2016, April 2016, December 2015
- Fiscal Year 2014 September 2014, July 2014, March 2014, December 2013
Directives and Official Actions
Directing the CEO to continue to implement its comprehensive plan to strengthen its internal controls with regard to financial reporting and grants management and to apprise the Board regularly of the progress of the implementation.
Delegating authority to CEO to make grants to or enter into contracts with Federal or other public departments or agencies, and private nonprofit organizations, and enter into agreements with other Federal agencies or private nonprofit organizations for the support of programs under the national service laws.
Directing the CEO to continue to implement the 2012 plan to provide effective oversight and monitoring of CNCS programs and to apprise the Board regularly of the progress of the implementation.
Approval of the evaluation plan for the evaluation of programs established under the national service laws
Resolution expressing the profound sympathy of the Board to the Kennedy family at the passing of Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
Directing the Chief Executive Officer to continue to engage in an open and transparent process to obtain input from the public to inform the agency’s implementation of the Serve America Act and adoption of a new five-year Strategic Plan, and to keep the Board of Director apprised of the activities and results of the public process.
Directing the Chief Executive Officer to ascertain the challenges faced by national service programs during the economic crisis, act expeditiously where possible, and explore creative ways for programs to meet community needs in a more cost-effective manner
Annual and Strategic Plans
Recognizing Romonia "Mona" Dixon
Recognizing Eric Liu
Recognizing Kim Mansaray
Recognizing Rick Christman
Recognizing Thomas L. Bryant
Recognizing John Greenhaugh
Recognizing Wendy Spencer
Recognizing Wilsie Y. Minor